When Doug got home tonight, I sent him to the grocery store since my bread was still in the oven. Unfortunately, I forgot to add pepperoni to the grocery list so he didn't buy any. In fact, I hadn't even mentioned that was what I had intended to make for dinner.
So I improvised. Honestly, some of my best meals happen when I improvise.
I decided to make white pizza, which I know we both like. And originally I thought I would just use olive oil, garlic and some cheese. But then I thought, why not make it a true white pizza?
Lucky for me, Allrecipes.com makes it really easy to change ingredient amounts. I just put down that I wanted one serving of alfredo, pulled out a tiny saucepan and off I went. Five minutes later, I had sauce and a baked pizza shell. Six minutes after that, we had dinner. Yay!
1 pound pizza dough, either from this recipe or frozen
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup shredded cheese of your choosing (I use Wegmans shredded pizza blend)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup half & half
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a pizza pan with olive oil. Stretch out dough to make a 10" pizza. Use the 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil to brush the crust then prick it all over the center with a fork.
2. Prebake pizza crust for 9 minutes. While the crust bakes, make the alfredo sauce.
3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add half & half and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
4. When the crust is done, take it out and spread the alfredo over the crust. Then sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of garlic over the sauce. Then add the cheese.
5. Bake pizza for an additional 6 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly in the center.