A few weeks ago I made this pasta dish and posted a photo of it to Facebook right before we ate.
I got several requests for the recipe based on that picture and for good reason! This will hereafter be known as the dish that made Doug eat tomatoes. It’s super delicious, criminally easy and pretty substantially unhealthy so read with caution. For the pasta, I just substituted the store bought Alfredo sauce for my homemade sauce. For timing’s sake, I went ahead and posted the whole recipe below.
1/4 cup butter 1 cup heavy cream 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Start boiling the water for your ravioli. Prepare ravioli according to package directions or makeyourown. The original recipe calls for four-cheese ravioli, which I often find dry and tasteless so I used spinach and mozzarella ravioli this time. I think just about anything in the basil family will work. Just stay away from anything with squash or sage in it.
2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium low heat. (Yes, most people use a saucepan. I like a skillet. I think it heats more evenly. This may just be our electric range.)
3. Add 1 cup cream and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking often, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
4. Stir wine into skillet. Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped basil, and cook over medium low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5. Once ravioli is cooked, drain and toss with sauce. Plate and garnish with fresh basil strips and additional Parmesan cheese.
6. Serve with garlic bread and a green salad or steamed veggies or something. Cuz, you know, all that cream. And butter. And cheese.
Even Chester wanted some!
Actually, he’s looking at broccoli, which is his favorite.